Roadblocks as from Friday evening around the Heroes’ Square area.
From Friday midnight until Monday dawn, roadblocks and restrictions will kick in around Heroes’ Square and Andrássy Avenue. Besides the Heroes’ Square and Kós Károly promenade, the following roads will also face closures: Andrássy Avenue between Kodály Circle and Dózsa György street, as well as Dózsa György street between Városligeti Alley and Dózsa György street. Please approach the sites by public transport!
Pilgrims are kindly requested and strongly advised to proceed to the sites by public transports!
BKK (Budapest Transport Centre) helps attendees’ moving around by extended transport facilities, including an increased service in the affected areas, thereby tramlines No. 1, as well as No. 4, and No. 6 along the Grand Boulevard, Metro lines M1, M2, and M4 will run far more frequently.
Higher service frequencies
In addition, intensified service frequencies are provided on below lines:
- Metro line M3 is to be replaced by a bus service between Határ út and Lehel tér
- Bus line 7E running along Rákóczi út and Thököly út between downtown – Zugló, and Újpalota
Pre-purchased tickets are advisable!
BKK advises attendees of the International Eucharistic Congress, to purchase their tickets or season tickets –as far as possible- either in advance or use the mobile ticket app.
For the BKK on ticket purchase points information please click: BKK Pontkeresőjében.
Mobile ticket service point is to be set up at the Nyugati railway station between 4-5 September, while the BKK Customer Service Centre in the underpass of the Népliget bus station will also be open on weekends on the 5th, 11th , and 12th September.
Given the vast number of participants arriving to the International Eucharistic Congress, BKK kindly asks for the drivers’ attention and patience.
Changes in public transport services
From 23.00, Friday, 3 September until Monday down, 6 September:
- Bus line routes no. 105 and 178 will be modified between Dózsa György út and Vörösmarty utca M, thus buses will run on a diverted route in both directions, i.e. will run between Podmaniczky street and Izabella street, leaving out the Andrássy út route. Buses have no stops at the Kodály körönd M and Bajza utca M stops, instead they are going to have stops on the modified route at the Ferdinánd híd stop, and close to Hősök tere at the Podmaniczky utca and Dózsa György út junction.
- Due to public events, partial roadblocks are expected on Dózsa György street, thus from 22.00, Thursday, 2 September until 06:00, Friday, 3 September, thus bus lines 20E, 30, 30A, and 230 pass through the route Dvořák sétány and Hungária körút and do not have stops at Benczúr utca, between Vágány utca and Hungária körút.
- Trolleybus no. 75 runs on a diverted route, does not stop between Hősök tere and Zichy Géza utca, but runs instead on the Állatkerti körút and Hermina út.
- Night line 979 A runs on a shortened route, does not stop between Kodály körönd and Dózsa György út, but runs on a diverted route on Damjanich utca instead of the Andrássy út.
Metro line M1: Please get off at the Kodály Körönd stop!
Metro line M1 does not stop at Bajza utca and Heroes’ square from 12.00, Sunday, 5 September most likely until 19.30 same day, and trains pass through the stations without stopping.
Up to date information on transport changes and roadblocks related to the 52nd International Eucharistic Congress are available on the BKK website.
In order to get the best planning options of your trip, please use the link that calculates a real-time based information, while giving the optimal route to reach the requested destination.
Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation!