Practical information for participation in the events of IEC2020
With the Congress approaching, we are all in preparation for the programmes. For the safety of all of us, and to ensure that we can participate in the Holy Masses and other events in a dignified manner, please follow the safety instructions of IEC2020.
Below you will find some practical information that will help you have a good time at the Congress programmes.
Suggested time of arrival: 2 hours before the start of the Masses.
Opening Mass - 5 September 2021, Heroes' Square:
Gate opening: 12:30 p.m
Start of the opening programme: 1:30 p.m
Opening ceremony: 3:00 p.m
Holy Mass: 4:00 p.m
Holy Mass + candlelight procession - 11 September 2021, Kossuth Square:
Gate opening: 2:00 p.m
Opening programme: 2:30 p.m
Holy Mass: 5:00 p.m
Closing Mass - 12 September 2021, Heroes' Square
Gate opening: 6:00 a.m
Opening programme: 9:00 a.m
The Holy Father greats participants in the square and at the
and nearby sectors on pope mobile: around 10:30 a.m
Holy Mass: 11:30 a.m
- Group leaders who have indicated in the Other/Travel menu of our registration system that they will be arriving to Budapest by privately organized bus will be contacted by our registration team. For those buses that have been indicated in advance, we will provide free parking for the duration of the events. Passengers will be transported to the mass venue from parking areas of greater distance..
- There will be road closures in the area of Heroes' Square and Kossuth Square, details of which will be published here on the website at a later date.
- Due to the closures, please use public transport to get to the event.
- Those who have indicated their reduced mobilty during registration will be contacted individually to arrange access to the event venues.
- QR code tickets will be sent by email to those who have ordered them after the online registration closes on 29 August.
Tickets will also be available for download from online registration accounts. Please bring the tickets you have received with you to the events, printed or downloaded to your smartphone, and present them at the entrance gate of the sector specified on the ticket.
- Please arrive at the venue as soon as possible but at least 2 hours before the mass, so that the entry and security checks can be carried out. 2,5 hours prior the beginning of the masses, there will be a cultural programme organized to help you get in the right mood for the event and to pass the time of waiting.
- Although one does not live by bread alone, due to the length of the events, we suggest that you bring a sandwich and some drink (in a plastic bottle) so that you can be refreshed physically and spiritually during these occasions of the Catholic world event.
- Restrooms will be available in all sectors.
- Since seating possibilities will be scarce, we suggest that you bring your own small folding chair if you need one.
- At Masses, we will provide several projectors and loudspeakers to ensure that the liturgy can be easily followed also in the sectors away from the altar. A translation of the text of the Masses will be available in English on 93.6 MHz, please bring a small radio or your smartphone (with earphones!) with you.
- Information about other items (umbrellas, flags, banners, drinks, etc.) that you can bring to the event and about other rules (e.g. use of drones) is included in the safety information leaflet.
- Participation in the events is not subject to vaccination certificates, but due to the large number of participants, we recommend that everyone contributes to the health of themselves and to that of others by using hand sanitiser and masks as necessary.